Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lenten Reading

With Great Lent just around the corner, I have started to gather reading material for this fasting season. For the past couple years I have read Ascending the Heights A Layman's Guide to The Ladder of the Divine Ascent by Father John Mack. I look forwarding to reading this each Lenten season as a constant reminder of the "rungs" I need to work on. I will also be reading The Royal Way of the Cross of Our Lord Leading to Eternal Life. This will be my first time reading it. I look forward to the gems it will hold.

I would like to get back in the habit of reading more and being less distracted and concerned with worldly matters. I have a night stand full of books to read and have either started them and not finished or haven't even started them. Many of them are books that I have read in the past that I would like to read again and others are new. I will try and post any other books I have time to read during this season.

What books are you reading this Lenten season?

1 comment:

  1. I've started reading "The Mysteries of Christ" by Rev. Dr Behr. And I plan to read a book on Classical Education, a book on teaching the Orthodox faith to children and I am reading a book of daily Lenten devotions. I'm sure I'll get through most of those pretty quickly (not the Classical one, though) so I would happy for some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete