Saturday, June 11, 2011

Update and Weekly Summary!

My mom is doing much better. The prognosis is normal wear and tear due to age. She left this week to visit my brother for a week then will be back for a week then will leave for another week to visit her siblings in Colorado.

We have had a round of illness in our house. It first started with Dan Dan having a stomach bug then it moved on to Pic Pic. Now Ice Man has a cold. Sometimes I don't know which I prefer having the kids all sick at once or one at a time.

I have been trying to stick to simple routines. I get very discouraged and distracted when the house is a mess. Instead of doing what I normally do, try to go on a mass cleaning spree leading to the master bathroom looking somewhat clean and the rest of the house a mess, I am trying to stick with Flylady's morning and evening routine. I have also been trying to take the kids to the subdivision park in the mornings before it gets to hot. Another thing I have been doing is trying to get the two little ones to nap at the same time and having Pic Pic rest at that time as well. It's so refreshing to have that time to myself. I try and spend 15 minutes cleaning and then 15 minutes resting.

I am still working on our homeschool plans. I have some written out plans that just need to be typed. I have been trying to earn swagbucks to trade in for amazon gift cards to purchase the remaining curriculum items we need. After looking at samples of handwriting without tears and a reason for handwriting I decided to go with a reason for handwriting. I think Pic
Pic will do better with it.

My email was hacked this week. I apologize if any of you got spam emails from me. I am in the process of moving everything over to a new email account.

Our plans for next week are to keep working on our routines and switching email accounts. My fifteen year old cousin will be here spending a few weeks with us. She loves spending time with the kids. I plan on using the time to go through clothes, toys etc. And lastly getting a year older.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are plugging away! I have a lot of get ready for homeschooling still. I just don't feel like doing right now in the very limited free time that I have. Oh well! It will get done, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous thing to have your niece stay with you! I hope this is a fun and productive time.

    ReplyDelete