Friday, July 1, 2011

July 2011 Bookshelf

I started making some head way on the June Bookshelf until I went to the library and checked out a ton of books. I was then thrown for a loop when we were notified that hubby was accepted into St. Tikhon's seminary. I have since returned most of the books. My main goals this month are to get through the fiction books I had sitting on our bookshelf that I have not read. I have an addiction to books I can't go into the store and not go to the book section whether it be a grocery store, drug store, etc. Anytime I see a book that sounds interesting I have a hard time putting it down. I end up with books in my shopping cart when I have plenty of books at home to read including books from the library. I have about 10 books that I want to try and get through so that we don't have to take them on the move with us. Here is what I accomplished on the June bookshelf:

The Law of God
The Royal Way of the Cross of our Lord Leading to Eternal Light
The Purple Mantle
So You're Thinking About Homeschooling
The Read Aloud Handbook (Not completed; returned to library)
Organized Simplicity
The Kill Artist
The Brothers Karamazov

The book I am focusing on right now is from the library The English Assassin. If you haven't noticed my favorite books to read are mystery. Daniel Silva is an author I recently discovered and have been trying to make my way through his books. My main goal for this month is to see how many of my fiction books I can read. There are currently 13 books I want to make my way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment