Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Less Than Two Weeks

Outside my window... the calmness of a new morning.

Moving progress ... we have gone through and condensed some of our belongings. We had two garage sales and donated any remaining items. My brother will be up today to pick up some furniture that he will be using.  He will be taking the washer and dryer so I am trying to do as much laundry as I can. I have two loads I would like to get done before he arrives.

Monthly Goal Progress...
1. Packing - This is still an ongoing project. I am working on finishing the girls closet.
2. Yard Sale
3. Homeschool Plans - I have plans written out for the next six weeks. I used this form from Donna Young. I tend to gravitate to lists so this worked out nicely. Now I am working on printing any additional items we will be using. We plan on using a folder for our weekly assignments. Pic Pic will then choose which assignments she wants to work on as long as she finishes them by the end of the week.
4. Finish school registration - I am just about done with this. I am waiting for the school to update my account before I can complete the check in.

I am reading ... The Royal Way of the Cross of our Lord Leading to Eternal Light. I finished Organized Simplicity last week. I also picked up Pride and Prejudice. I have had it for a while now and have always been intimated by the language but I thought I would give it a try.

I am grateful for ... date night. Hubby and I had our last date here in Arizona. We hadn't had a date for some time. It was nice to be able to enjoy dinner and have a conversation without interruptions.

Learning Plans ... I finished up six weeks worth of lesson plans. I am working on printing any additional work. We purchased a couple of work books for the girls for our drive cross country and I am working on lapbooks for them as well. Dan Dan will be getting a Thomas the Tank Engine lapbook and Pic Pic's will be The Wizard of Oz.

I am working on ... lapbooks and lesson plans.

I am pondering ... not much now. Just trying to focus on accomplishing as many tasks as possible during the day.


I am looking forward to ... the long drive ahead. It will be nice to stop and get some pictures of the family along the way.

Plans for the rest of the week...I have been trying to get all my dental work done before we leave. I have an appointment to get some cavities filled this week. My brother will be down today to pick up some furniture. We will be going to our hometown to say good bye to our family there this weekend.

Items to share ...
Arizona Dust Storm

What we saw after the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment