Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekly Moving Journal

I thought I would create a weekly moving journal to share the happenings in our household as I won't have much time to blog in the next couple months.

Outside my window... sunny and humid (for Arizona standards).

Moving progress ... after Mat. Anna's suggestion we made reservations with Movex to help with our move. The load date is August 30th. We will be heading out on August 31st after Liturgy. Hubby is off this week so we are working on packing and gathering items for a garage sale. We have started to map out our driving plans and are working on finding hotels to accommodate our two dogs. I hope to share our driving plans with you for any suggestions on pit stops we might make along the way.

Monthly mission progress ... We are making way on our packing but our house is in total chaos. I anticipate this is how it will be for the next couple months. We plan on having a garage sale this weekend to help condense some of items. As far as homeschool plans I have been contemplating this area and will share below.

I'm reading ... I am still working on the English Assassin. I realized my earlier plans of going through 13 books was a little ambitious. We will just take one book at a time and see what I can get read.

I'm grateful for ... a husband who has the week off.

Learning plans ... hubby and I had discussed various options regarding the schooling of our children ranging from private school, online school, a boxed curriculum, and full blown homeschooling. I have read about all the various homeschool methods and as much as I admire Charlotte Mason, the classical method, and all those mothers out there who are able to homeschool children in various stages I am not sure I am capable of all this. We have a full plate for the next couple years, in addition to the care of our children, hubby, my masters degree, hubby being in seminary, the care of our home, and I will also be seeking a part time work from home job to help with finances. We have looked and are actually registered for an online school here in AZ. With this school there would be no financial burdens and we can actually transfer to an online school in PA. I am wavering now between a virtual school and a piece by piece curriculum. I already have all the items I need for this year's curriculum but I am unsure which direction to take. I have been having many ah-ha moments and I have come to the realization that as much as I admire different families homeschool, homemaking, etc. styles I have to do what works best for our family. If any one has experience with this virtual or online schools I would greatly appreciate your advice.

I am working on ..... travel packs. I am trying to come up with some games and lapbooks to do on our trip. If any one has any suggestions on what to do with young kids in the car that would be great.

I am pondering ... as of this moment. Homeschooling and which direction we should take.

I am looking forward to ... being settled in our new home.

Plans for the rest of the week ... continue packing, having a garage sale and enjoying this extra time with hubby.

Items to share... hubby's new blog.

2 comments:

  1. There are other seminarians from that area who have stopped here on their way up to PA; you can always email me if you want any details. I hope Movex works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like we will be driving up north since we will be making a stop to visit family in the Denver area.

    ReplyDelete