Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reading Twaddle

To go along with my earlier post, I always have these grand plans of the genre of books I should be reading particularly spiritual books and classics. But who am I kidding I have a weakness for popular fiction, especially popular mystery series. I go through spurts where I read them and then I find that I should be reading books that will be more spiritually and intellectual enlightening. I justify my reading popular fiction by my reduction in television watching. There a few shows here and there I like to watch but I try and stear clear from it. Like anything else I do have my momentary lapses with it though. Does anyone else have a weakness to the reading of twaddle?

2 comments:

  1. Eh, who cares what you read? I read all sorts of stuff. I stopped apologizing for it years ago. I would like to read very edifying things and very intellectual things, but my main reading time is bedtime and I just don't have the brainpower left. So I read Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis (the fiction), Winnie the Pooh, some of my huge meteorological collection...you name it. Enjoy yourself! (OTOH, we don't have cable so I don't watch TV. We have a decent DVD collection and I'll watch Britcom or Seinfeld or something with Father.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matushka Anna-- read whatever works for you! Truly, I understand where you are coming from with wanting to read spiritual books, classics, etc. Brain candy, as I call it, is about all I can handle most of the time these days. I'm thinking that this is just a season I'm going through and I'll get back to the meatier books some other time.

    ReplyDelete