Sunday, May 29, 2011

Curriculum 2011/2012

After much reading I finally decided on resources to use for our curriculum this year.

Orthodox: 
Let Us Attend
God With Us Publications
OCA Focus Units
Orthodox Online

Reading/Phonics:
Bob Books
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
Explode the Code
Language Lessons for Little Ones

Writing:
Handwriting with out Tears
Dry Erase Writing Practice
Paidea Classics

Math:
Learning Horizons Workbook
ABeka

Literature:
Before Five in a Row
Five in a Row Vol I

Science:
Seton

Additional:
Letter of The Week
Preschool Pack
Tot Packs
Read Alouds
Seaseme Street First Crafts

My goal is to slowly incorporate the following: poetry, music, keepers of the home, additional saints, and podcasts from ancient faith radio.

We will have daily lessons on our Orthodox studies. Monday through Thursday we will include reading/phonics, writing, math, and literature. Friday will be for science and the additional activities I have listed above. We will also use Friday as a catch up day for any work we didn't complete during the week.

My goal is to have some written out lesson plans to help guide me. But I will still be fairly flexible along the way.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. Flexibility is the key, but it's good to have a working plan. Good luck with all of that! My oldest has six subjects, the next two have five, the next one has four. I guess I just have so many grade levels that I can't do more than that.

    ReplyDelete