Saturday, May 14, 2011

I didn't know that!

I read this idea on Mat Anna's blog and thought it was a great idea to share a little about myself.

1. The furthest east I had been was Texas (if you can even consider that east) until 3 years ago when hubby and I made a trip to New York City. At the time were in communion with the Eastern Catholic Church and were able to see the Pope at Yankee Stadium.

2. I was a dancer for 12 years in my youth. I danced from the time I was six until right before my eighteenth birthday. I was mainly a classically trained ballet dancer. Interestingly enough I am quite clumsy and have two left feet (that are what I describe square Barney Rubble feet from all those years in point shoes.)

3. I prefer not to drive on the interstate. I am living in a big city and prefer not to drive on bridges changing from one interstate to another. They intimate me.

4. I have not lived outside of Arizona and have not lived where it snowed in the city. With that being said I have only seen snow less than a dozen times. However there is a possibility that we may be moving back east at the end of the summer. It should lead to rather interesting stories.

5. I saw Groundhog Day for the first time last year. Since then I have purchased the movie. Hubby makes fun of me for my lack of not having seen some of these classic 90's movies.

6. I have not been camping. Hubby does not know if I would be able to last in the wilderness with sounds of bugs nearby. Anytime I spot any sort of bug I run the other way. I use to run wildley but since having children I try and run calmly.
.
7. I am a history and geography dud. Hubby always stumps me when it comes to geography and history. I am looking forward to learning and perhaps sparking a new interest in these subjects as I teach the children.

8. I am not a very creative person. Which does not make sense since I majored in Marketing. I am much more an analytical thinker. Give me a math problem or when I worked some kind of manual recalculation and I will have a spark of excitement and adrenaline.

9. The girls birth names and both dogs names begin with a D. More often than not I can be found calling the dogs by one of the girls names or the girls by one of the dogs names. We were going to continue this trend with Ice Man but couldn't find a name we agreed upon.

10. I haven't broken a bone. Glory to God I have been a healthy person. The only times I have been hospitalized were when I had my three children. The closest major thing I had done to that was having a wisdom tooth pulled. It is rather surprising that I have not broken bones as I am always running into things. I do end up with some nice bruises though.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting the things we find out about each other!

    My mother put me in ballet in 7th grade (for the first time since 1st grade) so I would learn to "be graceful". I don't think it worked. I too have lots of bruises. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying reading everyone's posts :)

    I used to dance as well; although, for that that long. I stated ballet at about four and then did both ballet and tap & jazz until I was about ten. I quit because I wanted to focus on music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to add mine in at Mat. Anna's, I'm having too much fun reading everyone else's, here it is:

    1. My favorite snack is Twizzler's and Orange Juice. The kid in me still likes to bite off the tops and bottoms and drink the juice through the straw- if you haven't yet, try it... your kids will think you're even weirder than you already are.

    2. I do not always set a good example for my kids. (That's right, I am not perfect and I've accepted that)

    3. My blog was intended to be 'our' blog. A collaboration with my husband, unfortunately I took over with my, "Gee, I think that's interesting" or "I think I'll share that today" logic. It's turned into nothing of what we originally conjured up.

    4. I used to be awful at Geography. But, I would use my secret way of passing it off that I'm slightly aware of where someone would be referring to by using my clue of whether I've known the place to be either hot or cold and usually get by with, "That's in the southern hemisphere right?" Note: On reflecting of what I've just written, I think it may be safer to just ask where exactly that is but again, if you're awful at Geography what help will that do? Better to just stay clear of those conversations or just politely nod.

    5. I once thought that a concoction was the name of an actual dish.

    6. Most of my wardrobe is either extremely faded or contain stains.

    7. I always resist the urge to try and convert the bible bangers/JW's knocking at my door- and I'm slightly mixed up on whether that's a good or a bad thing.

    8. I often paraphrase southern speech. I.E. "Well I'll be dawggone" or "Ya don say"

    9. I was once bitten on the butt by a dog. Note: There's no sign of evidence- that I can see.

    10. I don't use nail polish, makeup or any extra bodily substance that isn't shampoo or lotion and my family still thinks I'm beautiful.

    ReplyDelete