Sunday, May 29, 2011

June Monthly Missions

I easily get distracted especially when it comes to organization and goals. I often set all sorts of goals and have plans to be organized but start with one task and move onto the next, much like my reading has been. I have become quite a scatter brain since having kids and even,more so since I have been staying home.

I thought I would start having monthly missions or goals to help me stay more accountable. I do not want to have more than five items to concentrate on as I think that might just set me up for failure. So here goes:

1. Potty Training Dan Dan
2. Wean Ice Man from breastfeeding
3. Read Bob Books each day with Pic Pic
4. Go through and condense the family's clothes.

I realize the first two may take a couple months. As far as breastfeeding is concerned I would like to limit it to a sleep routine for naps and at night.

On a side note for those of you that have weaned a nursing baby, when do you know the timing is right and how do you go about it? We have already introduced whole milk and he will drink it. I just feel bad not nursing him when he wants it. I try to give him milk first before nursing. And sometimes it is so much easier to nurse.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I had some advice but I was never able to wean my children normally. I was working full-time for all of them and eventually my pumping just couldn't keep up during the day and the supply dropped gradually. They were all nursed for a minimum of 6 months, but I never got to 1 year, to my sorrow. I think people usually wean by dropping feedings during normal mealtimes and dropping the bedtime one last. No matter how you do it, it's gradual. I know there are a lot of nursing mamas out there who can answer this better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete